Saturday, October 30, 2010

Latest Happenings

Well, we've officially been here a week. My week has consisted of sorting through the last of the boxes, hanging out at the DMV for 4 hours, playing with the kids, being outside as much as possible, and missing friends and family terribly.

I'm not just saying that about the last part. I have had a few "down" days lately. I feel kind of guilty for even feeling that way because I seriously think we live in one of the most beautiful places ever, we love our house, but it is lonely and just weird starting completely over.

We have met some really nice people, but I miss that feeling of comfort when you hang out with friends you've had for what seems like forever. I don't like the whole small talk thing, it reminds me of going on an interview for a job you're not even sure you want.

I know it will get better, and I know it takes time, but it's still.....just a little sad.

We are having some neighbors over to grill out an go trick or treating tomorrow and we are also going to try out a church for the first time, so hopefully we'll be making some connections soon. In the mean time, I've been having fun exploring with my 3 favorite people.

I have also taken up running. I say this so loosely. To be fair, I'm just starting with interval training, building up to a 5K, but it's hard not to want to at least try it out here. I don't even have to sweat doing it. That, and the YMCA charges for childcare, so my gym is the pavement.

This gives you an idea of what my gym looks like....=) No humidity, cool, & beautiful. I will take it.

Yesterday, Addison was asking to go to the beach, so we drove to La Jolla, which is just so beautiful. We actually live about a 5 minute drive to the beach, but La Jolla is about 20 minutes south of us and well worth the drive.

Then yesterday we went to the park for a Halloween party. It was put on by a group of moms near where we live that I found online. Andy met us up after work, so it was fun to let the kids run around and meet a few people....but again, just a little weird being the new kid.
Addison had a blast though.


Then today she insisted on wearing her costume again over her pajamas....if it looks familiar, it's because it was also last year's costume. Hey, it's the best we could do after all of the chaos of the last month.
Graham and Addison are really starting to play together more. He is just happy being around her, and she has been really good with him. It makes me smile.
And it makes Graham smile too.



Photobucket

No comments: