Sunday, October 5, 2008

28....29.....Augghh!

30.  

Well, I hit the big 3-0 this week.  I knew I was old when I completed a survey yesterday and had to check the next age bracket up.  We had a little shindig to celebrate last night.  

We hired a local wine steward, Jack, to come bring lots of wine and tell us a little bit about it while we "tasted" throughout the night.  I use the word tasted lightly....because 25 bottles came and went pretty easy.  It was so much fun though and it was a bit like being at a winery in your own house.

Of course we had a little bit of drama before the party started.  

Key Players: Melissa, Andy, Addison, Jack the wine steward, 5 pizza boxes, oven.

M: "Andy, can you throw the pizzas in the oven to keep them warm?"

A: Yeah, done.

I get Addison in the bath with only 30 minutes until the party....I'm not even ready yet.

M: OMG, (yes, I'm 30 and still use that)...what's burning?  Andy, can you go check on the pizzas?

A: @^#$*@&%!!  IT"S ON FIRE!!!!

I grab Addison, still with soap in her hair and naked, and run towards the kitchen.  

Doorbell rings....Jack is here.  I answer the door, thinking Andy has this little "fire" under control by now.  Open the door for Jack while holding naked Addison.....

A: "Get in here.....I'm not kidding!!!"
 
I run in the kitchen and see Andy at the sink, and think, "oh good, everything is under control"...only to find a foot of flames coming up from the pizza BOX.

Oh yes, I said box.  

Lesson: Do not put 5 pizza boxes in the oven all at once....or one for that matter.

Anyways....here are some party pics.

Jack and Ruby educating us on a little bit of vino
Jacqueline, old lady, Sheila, and Becky


Pregnant lady...serving it up!



7 comments:

Mary said...

oh i LOVE it! that is so freakin hilarious! :) hope you had a great time!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday. See? 30 isn't so bad...just wait til next year. You'll be IN your 30s like us old folks.

Callie said...

wow - guess the party must have really picked up after we left :)! SOOO sorry that we had to sneak out early...one of the many rewards of being a parent (joy!)....

Jenni said...

I wish we could have made it! Happy Birthday!!!!

Mama said...

Oh my goodness - Happy 30th!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Honeyman 4 said...

Wish we could have been there 2!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated 30th Birthday! Susan McPhaul sent me your link because I was asking her about you at a meeting we both attended. Addison looks adorable! Congratulations!
This is my 5th year at Doerre and I still love it! email me at school when you have a chance. Neat blog! This is much better than Facebook and MySpace. Say hello to your mom for me too.Also to Holly Fischer if you see her.