Friday, January 20, 2012

You can't stay in PJ's forever

Back in December, I was wishing for lazy days.  Now we are trying our best to soak them up...and still kick this cold being passed around our house.

The kids have pretty much recovered, but now Andy and I are on the tail end of it.
Today was one of those days when I had no intention of getting out of my pajamas.

And neither did they.  They love these days, but we're all getting a little stir crazy around here.


So Andy called around noon and asked what we were doing.
I contemplated telling a little white lie but confessed that we were being extremely lazy.
Like we were on the second Disney movie of the morning.....and I had read about 20 posts in my new favorite blog The Momastery.
Well I didn't tell him all the lazy details, just the part about still being in our pajamas.

He asked if we wanted to meet him at a little Taco joint for lunch.
I contemplated the effort it would take to get all three of us out of our pajamas and to turn off Toy Story for about 3 seconds before deciding that yes, we needed to get out of the house.

This little taco joint had a pretty nice view.  

 and on a side note, if you look closely, you'll see that G is eating Chick Fil A instead of Bull Taco.
This would be from my haul made the other night when the closest Chick Fil A to us (20 minutes away) sent out a text that if we got there before 7pm, everything was by 1, get 1 free.

I'm sure it was intended to bring in families for dinner, but I took full advantage of no fine print of a limit and ordered $50 in chicken nuggets.  After I paid my $25, I then went home and put them in bags of 10 to freeze for later dates.
One of my finer moments in deal finding, if you ask me.

 Back to our lunch date.


 Doesn't he look thrilled?
I'll take what I can get to get a picture of myself with my kid(s).


 So needless to say, around here, it's been about the perfect Friday.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Ohhhh, what I'd give to have Chick-fil-A nuggets in my freezer! You are smart! (And now I want CFA for lunch!) :)