Monday, June 28, 2010

Say it ain't so....

Remember last year when we went through hell and high water just to move 7 houses down the street?

Remember when we spent two months with contractors just to get our "new" house EXACTLY like we wanted?

Remember how I said, "I'm never moving again."

Well, I lied.

We're moving.

And not just down the street. We are leaving the neighborhood that I love, the community that I adore, the city that I've lived my entire life minus a 4 1/2 year stint in College Station, and family and friends that I don't know how I'll function without.

After 2 months of prayer and "hurry up and wait", and careful thought, Andy has accepted a job transfer to San Diego.

Oh, there could be worse places to go....but there also could be a lot less expensive places to go as well! =)

He will still be working for Shell but at their office in La Jolla, CA, just north of San Diego. Back in the day, before kids, I would tag along whenever he had a business trip to attend to business of my own.....like driving up the coast to one of my favorite places on earth...


and then stopping at Trader Joe's for some two-buck-Chuck and enjoying the view of Laguna Beach....
Yeah, there could be worse places to go....

So the next few months are going to be crazy. We have such mixed feelings about this. We're excited about what this means for our family and the adventures we'll have together....like actually getting to go outside in the months of May-September.

But....

I don't want to talk about what we're leaving behind.

It's four years. In four years, Addison will be entering first grade....and we will hopefully be back in this place that I love so much. And maybe I'll even be skinny.....or vegan....or liberal.....

Um, maybe not.

10 comments:

Callie said...

so it's finally official???? I am so excited for you, so sad for all of us!!!

Mary said...

1) you're already skinny
2) life's too short to be vegan!

we will miss you guys so much but know it's an exciting opportunity. and yes, if you insist, we will come visit. the last thing i'd like to do is hang out on the pretty cali beaches but for you, i'll make the sacrifice! :)

The Manuel Family said...

What a great adventure for you guys!!

the deKorne family said...

woo hoo! i really think this will be such an awesome adventure for you. in four years, you'll probably be sad about leaving THERE! except that-you'll be returning to good mexican food. oh how i miss it. thrilled for you guys!

Lacey said...

I was waiting for this post. Like I said before, we'll be sad to see you go...but are excited about the opportunity for your family. You are handling this MUCH better than I did. And it is only 4 years and then you will be back. WE are going to miss you. LEt me know if you need help with anything in the meantime. So are we still talking about a FAST move...as in July?? Or are things pushed back a little?

The doTERRA Darling said...

I second Mary on all accounts! How exciting for you and the family. Four years will fly by before you know it and you will have such a wonderful experience to look back on!

Unknown said...

We'll miss you!! boo hoo!!! do NOT forget your Texas friends and do NOT become liberal!!! :)

Mary Lauren said...

Spoken from someone who knows, moves are great for the soul even if it takes a bit of time to adjust to them. Plus, who wouldn't want to visit you in La Jolla. Oh and Beach Babies Rule!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations on your next adventure.

Becky Fenn said...

Congrats on the move!!!...But we are going to miss you in Texas!!! What are we going to do on our Dallas to Houston drive without seeing you in my Woodlands stop??? I hope you move goes well and can't wait to hear more about it...