Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wide Open

I am a girl who loves her planner. I write down everything I need to do in it. I like to write it down and cross it off. Done. I'm not one for the Google calendar. I don't like to get the texts that remind me to take Addison to dance class, which she hasn't been to for over a year, but I've been too lazy to update the calendar online.
It's so much easier to scratch through something with ink.

So two months ago, my planner looked like this.

Now, it looks like this.

I'm wide open and I can't stand it. I remember the days where you had 3 birthday parties to go to on one weekend. I used to dream about free time. Now...I blog everyday.

I'm glad to finally have time to throw myself into things that I never had time for.
I have a stack of books I want to read, and I'm trying to play around with photography a little bit more. And of course there is plenty of time for hanging out with the kids and my husband.
But.
I am craving girl time.
I actually just joined 2 MOPS groups. I almost joined 3, but I thought that might be overkill.

We're doing great though...I don't want it to sound like I'm sulking because I'm not. I just thought it was funny when I compared those two weeks from my calendar.

So, I mentioned in my last post that I am trying to improve and learn more about photography, specifically focus. I got some great advice and also spent some time online last night with Pioneer Woman, my hero.

Not only is every recipe I make of hers incredible, she also has hundreds of posts about photography. I love it!

So today, I practiced a little bit. Shot up the ISO to accommodate for higher shutter speeds and also played around with my exposure meter, and auto focus settings.

I love seeing photos that are all about the eyes!
And I just thought these were cool.




Ok, I'm going to to go try and fill up my calendar a little bit more.....
Photobucket

3 comments:

the deKorne family said...

I'm right there with you on the planner. From all to nothing at all. :) Awesome pictures! You're amazing! I don't even know what those things mean. :)

Jenni said...

Hey!! I thought I'd share some of the photog blogs I like to read...

http://www.momtog.com/ (she is actually somewhere in your new state!!)

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/category/tutorials/photography-tutorials

Hang in there on getting settled in...I can totally relate to the feeling of moving. Working from home made it tough for me to "find my place", but the Man upstairs will takes care of us! (c:

Kat and Craig said...

omg! harley is alive!!! i want to come visit, desperately..miss you. i would just love to have a wine/amaretto sour date with. maybe we can over skype..