Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's kick it up a notch

I remembered yesterday at about 3pm that Addison was supposed to start soccer today.
It was about 20 minutes after that when we loaded up the car and went off to search for some closed toed shoes.  Her feet are growing so fast and apparently flip flops weren't going to cut it.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that my New Year's resolution to be on time this year has pretty much been a fail.
I was the mom rushing the kids out the door, barely dressed, without sunscreen, and didn't even bring a water bottle.
Luckily, I saw my friend, Joy, at the park nearby and she kindly let me borrow her water bottle that she responsibly had on hand so I didn't get worst parent of the year award when the kids broke for water break.


 Next week they will be kicking it up a notch, and I'll actually have to go find her some shin guards and legit soccer "stuff".  And then I might even go ahead and throw some sunscreen, water bottle, and snack in as well.

...and a cool rag to fight off the 74 degree heat.

No lie.....it felt hot.....the kids and I were both sweating and whining a bit.

  I am totally screwed whenever we move back to Texas.

No comments: