Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quality time

Living far away from family has not been easy.
Instead of getting to see my mom and dad every few weeks or sometimes days, it's every few months....that's hard.

However, there is something to be said for getting to have so much QUALITY time when they are here.  We are not rushing to a restaurant to grab a quick bite and have broken conversation, instead we get to spend days and nights together doing every day stuff....

and you get moments like these....


I know those last two pictures look very similar, but I love the expression of my dad in the last one because I know him....and that's joy on his face.

And having them here puts joy on her face.

I love watching my kids continue to bond and grow their relationship with their grandparents.
So much that I called up my mom on Skype yesterday just so she could have a heart to heart with her granddaughter.
I saw Merri Lebo bring the "principal" in her back and much appreciative....but that's another post.


It was a quick visit, less than 72 hours....but I'm already looking forward to some good time to be spent together over Christmas.

Truth be told, I think they were glad to be getting back to the air conditioning in Houston.
 August in San Diego without air may just be comparable to summer heat in Houston.....that, or I've just become extremely weak.

 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily Joy said...

Thanks for making me cry. I feel ya. It is hard. But oh so true about the quality time :) Precious pictures!