Monday, January 21, 2013

The Sunshine Tax


We knew when we moved out here (going on 2 1/2 years already, I can't believe it), that everything cost a little bit more.  Housing, gas, groceries, movie tickets, and babysitting to name a few.....but there are some breaks that you get from paying up  a little bit.
You get weather like this in January....and wine is cheaper.


People refer to that upcharge as the "sunshine tax".  It's been nice to at least get to enjoy the perks of it.
This weekend was gorgeous and we had a rarity in this house....an open weekend to enjoy it.

Friday we met some friends at the beach to soak up the sun.



Saturday we started the day at VG's donuts (no bad day ever starts at VG's)
and then headed down to the beach again for a walk and seashell collecting.
Every time I go there, I think, "why do we not do this all the time?"  It's so pretty and free.
Now that the kids are getting a little more manageable I'm hoping that we'll be making more of a habit of this.



Why does he look so big here?





  Sunday night after spending a great afternoon down at the USS Midway (next post), I met some girl friends down at the beach for a sunset walk (without kids).  And here is when I say.....why the heck am I not doing this all the time?  It was so relaxing and nice to get away....until I realized back at the car that my credit card had fallen out of my pocket when I grabbed my phone for pictures.
So because of this picture, my card is MIA.
As long as the tide took it out, I'd say it was worth it.

Photobucket

No comments: