Sunday, April 14, 2013

Houston: Nana & Poppy's house

Well, lookie here, the blog's not dead!
In fact, it's on its way back because we've had a busy few weeks, and there is a lot for my two readers still out there to catch up on.
More importantly, since the blog will one day become our only photo album, I've been feeling extreme guilt to document.  

We went to Houston for a 10 day visit, which may seem like a long time but when you're going between 7 houses and trying to see as many people as possible....it flew by and left us all a little exhausted, but our hearts were full.

And so was our luggage.

We took 13 bags.
 No, I'm not lying.
This does account for car seats, golf clubs, backpacks, purses, etc....but 13 bags!!!!  
I wish I could say I overpacked, but I'm too prideful to admit it.


The first stop on the Texas tour was Nana's house, after a quick stop to Rudy's BarBQ on the way....second to friends and family, we were way excited to reunite with Texas food.

The kids kept busy at Nana's by feeding the ducks...




laying out....

swimming.....





playing at the park

wrestling with daddy



watching movies on the IPAD.
  I love you IPAD.


and celebrating Addison's birthday.

 This would be #1 of 8 or so celebrations Addison managed to squeeze out of people this year.  
Next year if we stay in California for her birthday, girl is bound to be disappointed.

I started to hear the phrase...."beacause I'm the birthday girl on this day (over 2 weeks ago), and just finally cut her off from saying it any longer at her party (which was yesterday).

I encouraged this celebration at Nana's house however because it allowed for RJ Goodies birthday cake.  That was a reason to celebrate in itself.
 I love this picture.....this is the epitome of her for the last month.


It was nice to get away from home for a while and just relax.....and spend more time snuggling.


Graham may be the most affectionate person I have ever met.  
True story: he wakes me every morning between 4:30 and 6:00 by coming in my room and giving me a kiss (or asking for a high five) and then goes back to bed.  I almost don't mind being woken up for that....almost.


One night we just hung out in their backyard, and watched the sunset and got some pictures in.
I love these pictures of my parents because they were just being silly.....grandkids have that affect on them.





 Did I mention this was an impromptu thing?  Please don't mind the no make up...


 We even got a picture of the 4 of us in.....I don't think this has happened in almost a year!






 Andy tried to work on his tan.....
keeping working Love.

  This was right before Andy tested Graham's swim survival skills.
The kids kept splashing and Andy was threatening to throw them in (while praying that they would keep splashing) so he could follow through. 

 and follow through he did.
Turns out Graham can swim.

much more to come.....

No comments: