Tuesday, April 24, 2012

and then came FOUR

so over two weeks ago, my not- so-little girl turned FOUR.
It was a fun filled Monday and she loved every minute of it.



Addison, you are one of the biggest joys of my life.  Everyone told me...."just wait for four"...and now, I know why.  You make me smile, laugh, and thank God every day for picking me to be your mom.


Here is how you spent your big day....
You can thank Pinterest for me finding the idea that you would open up a little "treat" every hour on your birthday.  You loved counting down to the next hour and only were a little disappointed all the packages were "brown".

We of course had to go by VGs for birthday donuts....

And then it was off to the park for a playdate with friends.

"I can do it by myself....I'm four year's old!"
We have heard this about 110 times since April 9th.


 

We went to Del Mar to meet dad for a quick birthday picnic lunch.
This picture cracks me up....

A side note about that lunch.
We pushed Graham's nap time to make sure we got some good time in with dad.  You see, Graham is two and still appreciates a good nap unlike you....

I was in such a hurry getting you guys back in the car and saying goodbye to dad that it took me the entire 30 minute drive home to realize as I pulled the car into the garage that I left our double stroller right on the curb next to our parking spot.

So Graham did not get to appreciate a nap that day as we drove BACK to Del Mar to retrieve said stroller.  I'm sure I entertained a few people eating lunch as they watched me park the car and retrieve the stroller that had been sitting there for over an hour.

Later when dad got home, we got ready for the big reveal....
Here you are trying to show Graham exactly how much bigger you are...

You LOVED your present.



  Addison, I love how you and I can carry on complete, meaningful & sweet conversations,
yet you still crack me up as you try to process new things every day.  I am so proud of you and the beautiful sister, daughter, and friend that you are.  I love you more than words.


Ariel party post to come.....

1 comment:

Sarah Hart said...

She is awesome. And about the stroller - at least there were no CHILDREN left in it. ;>) Love you guys.